CANCELLED! WE MAY OFFER THIS WORKSHOP IN THE FALL. PLEASE EMAIL MARIAN@GOOSEFOOT.ORG IF YOU WANT NOTIFICATION.
Please join us for a comprehensive workshop featuring Sarah Masoni of Oregon State University’s Food Innovation Center. The workshop will feature tons of information about becoming a food entrepreneur and some of the requirements to get your food idea ready for market.
Some of the topics to be covered are:
- Overview of Market Niches (Industrial, Food Service, Retail, Consumer-Direct)
- Processing options (commercial kitchen, shared use kitchen, co-packer)
- Converting recipes from small to large amounts
- Pricing – How to price products to be sustainable & profitable
- Packaging & labeling
- Food Vocabulary
- Regulations & Laws
- Shelf-life/food safety
- Marketing strateg ies – (market research, PR, social media).
Sarah regularly works with food entrepreneurs to help them determine their next steps for success and launch in Portland Oregon, where many successful food start-ups have their roots. Sarah is a Senior Faculty Research Assistant and Food and Process Development Team Manager at the Oregon State University Food Innovation Center Experiment Station.
Monday, June 13, 1 - 5 pm and Tuesday, June 14, 8:30 am - 1 pm
Location: Historic Sears House, Bayview Corner, South Whidbey Island
Registration is required.
$45; includes lunch on Tuesday.
Register by May 23 and pay only $35!
Send check, made payable to Goosefoot, to:
PO Box 114
Questions? Contact email@example.com or call 360-321-4145.